Deadline day has come and gone, and all the latest deals and potential deals can be found here, but there's plenty brewing in the market as clubs begin to look toward January.
TOP STORY: Ozil plans to quit Arsenal
Arsenal's chaotic start to the season has taken another twist after reports that Mesut Ozil is planning to follow Alexis Sanchez out the exit door when his contract expires in June.
While Sanchez's departure has seemed inevitable for some time, there had been hope that Ozil would commit his future to the Gunners before Christmas. But SportBild has now revealed that talks over extending the playmaker's deal ceased in February, with Arsenal yet to reopen negotiations.
It has also been claimed that Arsenal's opening offer was some way below the rumoured £250,000-a-week package previously reported.
Unless Arsene Wenger can convince Ozil to stay, he will be free to sign a pre-contract agreement with foreign clubs from Jan. 1.
Costa closing on Atletico move
One of the summer's biggest transfer sagas could soon be over after Atletico Madrid increased their offer for Diego Costa to £53 million.
It's thought the revised bid will be enough to convince Chelsea to sell, with Costa reportedly hoping to force through the transfer by flying to Spain from his hideaway in Brazil.
The striker's switch could even be finalised by the end of the week, claims the Daily Mail, as Chelsea and Atletico look to resolve their protracted negotiations before they meet in the Champions League on Sept. 27.
Meanwhile, Saudi Arabian side Al Hilal hope to take advantage of Costa's situation by agreeing to a loan deal with Atletico until January that would allow the 28-year-old to build up his fitness.
Liverpool target Werner
Germany's man of the moment Timo Werner is a top target for Liverpool and Real Madrid following a scintillating start to the season.
The 21-year-old looks set to lead the line for Joachim Low's side at the World Cup next summer, scoring three goals in two matches over the international break to add to his three strikes for RB Leipzig in the Bundesliga.
After already sanctioning Naby Keita's move to Anfield, Leipzig are understandably reluctant to lose Werner, but TalkSport says Liverpool and Real Madrid will test their resolve.
The striker still has three years to run on his contract and crucially doesn't have a release clause like the £48 million fee the Reds activated for Keita.
Barcelona eye spending spree
Fresh from an encouraging 3-0 victory over Juventus in the Champions League, Barcelona are eager to resume talks with three major targets when the transfer window reopens in January.
There has been talk that Philippe Coutinho is unhappy with Barca's efforts to prise him from Liverpool in the summer, but The Sun claims the 25-year-old could still get his dream move -- as long as that back injury clears up, of course.
Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri remains an option for the Catalan giants, while The Sun also says Paulo Dybala is eager to link up with Argentina teammate Lionel Messi at the Nou Camp.
The forward was anonymous in Juve's defeat on Tuesday but has scored seven goals in four matches for the Italian champions so far this season.
- According to the Mirror, William Carvalho is still keen to join West Ham despite negotiations with Sporting Lisbon turning ugly. The two clubs have become embroiled in a public spat after Sporting claimed the Hammers never lodged a bid for the midfielder.
- Jack Wilshere rejected a loan move to Trabzonspor in a bid to revive his ailing Arsenal career, says the Evening Standard. The 25-year-old is in the final year of his contract but hopes to prove to Arsene Wenger that he deserves a new deal.
- Long-term Arsenal target Karim Benzema will sign a new contract at Real Madrid with a £900 million buy-out clause, reports The Sun. The 29-year-old had been linked with a move to the Gunners as a potential replacement for Alexis Sanchez.