Wednesday's latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC's What's Trending...
LIVERPOOL: Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that Loris Karius will start in goal for Liverpool against Sevilla on Wednesday night, while hinting Philippe Coutinho could be involved at Anfield.
- Klopp also urged Liverpool to show Sevilla how much they have improved since the Liga side beat them in the 2016 Europa League final.
- Sadio Mane will serve the full three-match ban for his dismissal against Manchester City, the Football Association confirmed on Tuesday.
REAL MADRID: Marco Asensio will miss Real Madrid's Champions League opener at home to Apoel Nicosia on Wednesday night due to an infected "pimple," but centre-back Raphael Varane returns from injury and Cristiano Ronaldo is available for his first competitive club game in a month.
- Toni Kroos has been the "steal of the century" for Real Madrid, according to the player's agent.Toni Kroos has been the "steal of the century" for Real Madrid, according to the player's agent.
- Marcelo has been told he will serve a two-match ban following his red card against Levante on Saturday.
- Carlo Ancelotti said he does not understand the reaction of Franck Ribery to his substitution in Bayern Munich's 3-0 Champions League win over Anderlecht on Tuesday.
- Jose Mourinho criticised his Manchester United players for showing off "PlayStation football" against Basel despite a 3-0 win to open the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Basel have been hit by a UEFA disciplinary charge after their fans set off fireworks in Tuesday's Champions League match at Manchester United.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Lionel Messi scored twice to lead Barcelona to a 3-0 win over Juventus in Tuesday's Champions League opener, while Manchester United, Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich also won.
- Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri admitted that Lionel Messi is simply "unstoppable" after his team's 3-0 Champions League opening loss to Barcelona on Tuesday.
JUVENTUS: Juve coach Massimiliano Allegri says that Gonzalo Higuain must help the team more and not let his head drop after he failed to make an impact in the 3-0 Champions League defeat at Barcelona on Tuesday.
CELTIC: UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Celtic after a fan came onto the pitch to confront Paris Saint-Germain's Kylian Mbappe during the French side's 5-0 Champions League win at Parkhead on Tuesday night.
CRYSTAL PALACE: The Eagles have appointed former England manager Roy Hodgson as their new boss following the dismissal of Frank de Boer.